By joining one of PNC’s Development Programs, you can explore your potential through hands-on experience in a professional environment. This is an excellent opportunity to begin exploring your career goals, in addition to growing your skills in key areas. The goal of PNC’s Development Programs is to move analysts and associates from development roles into sales and service roles in one of PNC’s lines of business.
Retail Banking provides deposit, lending, brokerage and insurance services and investment management and cash management products and services to consumer and small business customers serviced through our branch network, solution centers, ATMs, call centers, online banking and mobile channels. In 2018, a retail national expansion was launched designed to grow customers with digitally led banking and an ultra-thin branch network in markets outside of our existing retail branch network.
The Retail Bank Development Program (RBDP) is an accelerated development program for recent college graduates with exceptional leadership potential. RBDP develops PNC’s next generation of Retail Bank leaders through an 18-month program that provides sales, technical and leadership/professional development training enhanced by experiential learning opportunities.
- Business Banking: The Business Banking track develops the next generation of sales and service managers for Retail’s Small Business Banking ($1million – $5 million in sales size and stretching to $10mm in some targeted industries. PNC’s targeted small business segments include Healthcare, Business Banking Treasury Management, Food, Beverage and Agribusiness). Through rotations across key retail distribution segments, associates will experience a holistic view of how the Retail organization functions. Associates will work alongside successful relationship managers, interact with clients and build credit acumen to obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to support a team of relationship managers delivering an outstanding experience for our customers.
Based on business need and upon successful completion of the Retail Bank Development Program, graduates have the opportunity to be placed in a Business Banking Sales Associate role.
The Business Banking track of the RBDP is located throughout PNC’s footprint.
The ability to travel up to 10% and access to reliable transportation for handling local assignments are required.
Learn more about PNC’s Development Programs by visiting www.pnc.jobs/students.
Participates as an analyst/associate in the line of business development program.
- Performs or assists the core activities of the group by applying knowledge learned to drive business results (e.g. deal, sales, or process support, internal or external customer interaction, or supporting internal projects). Works under supervision and may have limited approval and/or exception authority.
- Participates in social learning within the organization (e.g. identifies and networks with business representatives and peers, participates in mentoring, job shadowing and community outreach).
- Participates in formal learning (e.g. classroom, web-based, or virtual) and completes related activities and projects.
- Supports the internal and external customer experience by providing excellent service at all times; takes accountability and ensures problem resolution.
Required Education and Experience:
- Preferred business relevant majors (e.g. Finance, Accounting, IT, Economics, Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, HR, Management, Communications, Business Law, Psychology, Logistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Actuarial Sciences), Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Roles at this level are filled by recent university / college graduates with little or no professional experience, but possessing relevant skills. Includes individuals joining the organization through a corporate development/training program.
PNC provides equal opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.