How To Apply: Visit pps.net/jobs and use job number 22763 to review the full qualifications.
Salary Range: $88,756 – $105,979
Portland Public Schools (PPS) Human Resources Department is seeking talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to lead change to support PPS students. We are seeking an Employee and Labor Relations Manager to make a lasting impact on our school district by supporting employee performance management, conducting investigations, and providing staff coaching/training.
The ideal candidate will conduct research, analysis, and use independent judgment to interpret statutes, regulations, and policies and procedures in the field of employee and labor relations. As a manager of employee and labor relations, you will be expected to leverage your experience as an HR business professional to provide support to employees, supervisors, and senior leaders. We seek candidates with a demonstrable commitment to racial equity and social justice goals, and who will be committed to achieving the PPS Racial Educational Equity Policy Goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Legal Studies, Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science, or related field. A J.D. or LL.M will substitute for the required experience at the Employee and Labor Relations Manager level.
- 3+ years of experience conducting a variety of labor/management investigations, trainings, contract negotiations, and related activities.
Preferred not Requirements
- Bilingual or Multilingual – Spanish preferred
- Experience working in a Human Resources department in a unionized environment
- Experience working in a K-12 educational environment
First screening will occur on July 28, 2021 at 3:00pm.