The intern will provide support to Supply Chain staff. The Supply Chain intern will be given a thorough overview of the process for purchasing goods and services. The intern will also become familiar with the PPL Supply Chain policies and procedures. The intern will learn many of the job duties of a junior buyer, an entry level position in Supply Chain.
The intern will assist Sr. Category and Category Managers in primarily executing tactical functions such as:
- Support to the Supply Chain staff in preparation of sourcing plans and projects and their implementation monitoring.
- Acting as a liaison between the business units and Supply Chain, and assisting with the requisition process.
- Inputting data and documents into the Asset Suite system and other Supply Chain systems.
- Keeps track of contract formation or purchase-related tasks like working with legal and insurance for signatures.
- Support the preparation of bid documentation of Supply Chain processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, RFIs, RFPs, RFI’s, and proposal evaluation.
- Support to Supply Chain in updating suppliers’ information in Asset Suite.
- Limited corresponding with vendors, obtaining price quotes, and requesting completion of Supply Chain related forms.
- Developing and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Provide admin support to Supply Chain staff in managing Supply Chain related tasks.
- General administrative work and other duties as assigned.
- Position Summary:
- A PPL Intern/Cooperative Associate is a temporarily employed full-time college student in an accredited four-year institution of higher learning, who is offered a work-study program designed to give college students practical work experience in their field of study. This program often helps students determine career interests. Beyond the scope of the actual tasks performed, the student becomes familiar with a corporate environment and gains practical skills and knowledge to supplement their classroom experience. Joining PPL as an intern/cooperative associate provides you with the opportunity to explore possible career opportunities along with:
- Meeting senior executives,
- Becoming members of business resource groups,
- Participating in community service projects, and
- Contributing to departmental goals.
This position is a safety-sensitive role. Upon acceptance of a conditional offer, all individuals in safety-sensitive roles are obligated report the use of any medication that may impair their ability to perform the job in a safe manner.
The company reserves the right to determine if this position will be assigned to work on-site, remotely, or a combination of both. Assigned work location may change. In the case of remote work, physical presence in the office/on-site may be required to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among co-workers.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university program.
- Enrolled in a curriculum leading to a baccalaureate or masters degree in [insert majors] or related field of study. Technical/Trade school and paralegal requirements differ.
- Enrolled on a full-time basis (12 semester hours). Students may not continue as an Intern/Co-operative Associate once they have graduated.
- Have an acceptable overall (cumulative) grade point average, not lower than a 3.0.
- Eligible to work in accordance with Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) regulations.
- Able to provide an official student transcript and other required information.
- 18 years of age or older.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.