The Q Family Office in Fort Worth, TX is seeking a sharp, motivated individual to expand its Accounting & Financial Control divisions. These divisions trade hundreds of millions of securities a year through all the major Wall Street investment firms including stocks, bonds, swaps, options, derivatives, bank lending, and complex bankruptcy reorganizations. Your focus will be on managing the books for all these transactions.
This is a high profile position with direct access to and interaction with individuals from all divisions of the company, including the company’s partners, CFO, investment managers, general counsel and tax experts.
This role is the logical first step on the path to becoming the CFO of a large hedge fund or bank.
- Participating in the decision-making process on accounting related issues
- Developing and refining accounting processes and procedures
- Learning and understanding the complex organizational structure of investment funds and fund management companies
- Maintaining accounting books and records for multiple entities
- Assist in securities and derivatives operations
- Account for multiple domestic and offshore entities as well as multiple investment strategies within those entities
- Perform complex cash and position reconciliations and transaction analysis reported by portfolio managers, traders, brokerage firms, and prime broker accounts
- MA or BA in Accounting with excellent academic credentials
- 0-3 years of experience
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Ability to quickly translate complex financial transactions into proper format for financial reporting
- Familiarity with database applications such as VBA, SQL and MS Query is desired but not required
About the Q Family Office
Established in 1994, the Q Family Office is an organization that combines a 26-year history with a deep entrepreneurial spirit. The family office currently includes a manager of a $1 billion hedge fund/private investment firm, a $2.25 billion bank, a $400 million real estate investment firm, and a $225 million charitable foundation.