RECON Engineering and Construction, Inc. is a rapidly growing heavy industrial construction contractor that has been providing refractory, piping, rigging, specialty welding, and general contracting services. We offer a rewarding work environment in a small but growing company with a competitive salary and benefit program. We are currently searching for a dynamic Project Engineer to join our team in the metro Salt Lake City UT area
Project Engineers work closely with Construction Superintendents and Project Managers to support construction operations. Project Engineers represent RECON in the field, assisting with project controls (including but not limited to daily management, budgeting, scheduling, and planning) and ensuring that the project is constructed according to the project plans. Duties will require outdoor activities including but not limited to working in an industrial environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create RFIs and Submittals.
· Organize field data and utilize engineering data to compile various documents and reports.
· Assist with material and equipment procurement.
· Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination to facilitate the resolution of technical problems.
· Facilitate communications between engineering, technical, construction, and project controls groups.
· Assist with contracting and managing subcontractors.
· Assist Project Manager with various tasks as needed.
· Comply with all company safety policies and all OSHA and MSHA rules and regulations.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction related field.
· Construction or industrial experience preferred but not necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule.
· Ability to accurately perform fieldwork, properly identify data, and effectively prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to compare, contrast, and quality check own work and possess a keen attention to detail.
· Proficiency in common computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, etc.) and general computer use.
· Ability to follow Lead Project Engineer’s direction while displaying cooperative and positive behavior with coworkers.
· Possess strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities.
· Ability to efficiently manage time and resources and prioritize tasks based on urgency.
· Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills (oral and written).
· Possess a basic understanding of the ability to read engineering prints and schematics.
Potential Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here and the resulting physical qualifications are representative of those an employee must expect and be prepared for while performing the essential functions of this job:
· Ability to work long hours (12+ hour shifts, 6+ days per week).
· Ability to perform job tasks outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
· Ability to endure prolonged walking and standing.
· Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or confined spaces.
· Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to safely climb ladders or stairs.
· Ability to wear personal protective equipment correctly throughout the day.