The RGA Global Audit Services department is seeking a motivated intern looking to apply knowledge of accounting terms and principles to an authentic real-world experience. Interns will have the opportunity to work with both internal audit team members and external stakeholders across the enterprise, assisting on a variety of challenging operational and financial audit engagements as well as a variety of compliance audits. The internship will afford the opportunity to strengthen skills such as report writing, critical thinking, and analyzing data, empowering interns to identify and present recommendations to improve control effectiveness and efficiency throughout the enterprise. The internship will also provide the ability to expand the intern’s professional network, establishing strong partnerships with key business stakeholders among various departments throughout the enterprise.
Our growth-oriented department is dedicated to providing you with valuable learning opportunities as you share your ideas and creativity with the team. Opportunities exist for full-time employment and participation in a leadership development program, upon successful completion of the internship.
- Perform testing and walkthrough procedures to assess company compliance associated with key processes; review and analyze the control structure, perform walkthrough and testing procedures, document testing results, and communicate results to the process owners and the audit team
- Coordinate effectively with others to complete assignments; self-review work for completeness and accuracy
- Maintain positive professional relationships with stakeholders, including Global Audit colleagues at all levels, business management, and other business associates
- Assist with the drafting of reports and work papers, including succinct summaries of audit objectives, scope, findings, conclusions and management actions.
- Provide suggestions for enhancing audit procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness; participate in internal department improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and actively seeks the expertise of others to broaden knowledge and business acumen.
- Enrolled as a full-time college Progress towards Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients’ prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.