Global Portfolio Management Overview
Global portfolio management provides excellent investment advice, execution, and performance to its clients. They work with the various business and legal segments (their clients) and the rest of the Investments Department to ensure that yield objectives are met in a capital- and risk-efficient way.
This intern will perform portfolio management duties and work with Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Analysts in monitoring, analyzing and optimizing the performance of RGA’s investment portfolios. This relationship will provide the intern with insight into the roles, responsibilities and lifestyles available in the institutional investment management career arena. Emphasis is on producing accurate and meaningful analytics, often under time pressure. The intern will get exposure to, and insight into, the analysis, systems, and practices in place within an institutional investment manager or insurance money manager, as well as the chance to interact with the professionals working within it and to observe their daily activities.
- Generate, recommend, and implement improvements or enhancements to portfolio management reports using BlackRock Solutions, Excel, and internal data warehouses
- Ensure that investments are reviewed, analyzed, and accounted for in a timely and proper manner. May provide information on holdings and portfolio risks to portfolio managers, portfolio analysts, CIO, credit research, and investment accounting
- Assist portfolio management group with the building of strategic asset allocation plans
- Work with analysts to develop research reports on issuers, industries and markets that can be used in communications with the business lines and appropriate Investments leadership
- Ad hoc analysis as needed
- Participate in special projects, committees, and meetings
- Must be enrolled as a full-time college student at the Graduate level pursuing a degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Actuarial or related degree program at an accredited university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word
- Creative thinker and self-motivated
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (RGA), a Fortune 500 company, is among the leading global providers of life reinsurance and financial solutions, with approximately $3.5 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $88.9 billion as of June 30, 2021. Founded in 1973, RGA today is recognized for its deep technical expertise in risk and capital management, innovative solutions, and commitment to serving its clients. With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, and operations around the world, RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, facultative underwriting, product development, and financial solutions.
RGA Investments is a global asset manager based in St. Louis, with operations in London, Hong Kong and Singapore; in addition, ReCap Commercial operates in North America. We drive value creation by managing over $76.1 billion of assets globally for our in force businesses and supporting future growth through customized portfolio solutions. RGA Investments includes six core areas: Global Portfolio Management, Investment Solutions, Credit Research and Trading, Commercial Real Estate, Private Debt and Equity, and Investment Operations.