Private Debt & Equity Overview
RGA’s Private Debt & Equity group is responsible for originating, underwriting, and investing in direct mezzanine debt and equity co-investments alongside its strategic private equity fund partners and independent sponsors. We seek to invest in companies in the lower middle market with revenue of $25MM to $250MM with EBITDA ranging between $5MM to 50MM, providing financing for leveraged buyout transactions and other capital raising activities.
The position will provide the candidate with exposure to the various roles and responsibilities that exist within the investments department of an insurance company while providing RGA Investments the opportunity to identify early candidates that will fit the needs of the growing RGA Investments department. The candidate will get exposure to the analysis, systems, people, and practices in place within the Private Debt & Equity group. Emphasis will be on providing support for deal memo preparation, ongoing monitoring of current investments, and analysis on the performance of RGA’s private debt and equity portfolio.
- Assist the private debt and equity team with deal preparation and analysis
- Participate in portfolio analysis including tasks with PD&E systems
- Assist the private debt and equity team with pipeline management and maintenance
- Work on portfolio reporting projects as needed
- Improve knowledge of private debt and equity underwriting and analysis
- Graduate applicants should be pursuing an MBA at a top tier institution; undergraduate applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student at the junior or senior level, pursuing a degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business at an accredited university
- Preferred work experience in private equity, mezzanine lending, investment banking, or corporate credit
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word
- Technology savvy, programming and process improvement/automation skills
- Creative thinker and self-motivated
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (RGA), a Fortune 500 company, is among the leading global providers of life reinsurance and financial solutions, with approximately $3.5 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $88.9 billion as of June 30, 2021. Founded in 1973, RGA today is recognized for its deep technical expertise in risk and capital management, innovative solutions, and commitment to serving its clients. With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, and operations around the world, RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, facultative underwriting, product development, and financial solutions.
RGA Investments is a global asset manager based in St. Louis, with operations in London, Hong Kong and Singapore; in addition, ReCap Commercial operates in North America. We drive value creation by managing over $76.1 billion of assets globally for our in force businesses and supporting future growth through customized portfolio solutions. RGA Investments includes six core areas: Global Portfolio Management, Investment Solutions, Credit Research and Trading, Commercial Real Estate, Private Debt and Equity, and Investment Operations.