POSITION SUMMARY: The Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the Accounting Services team, which includes providing reporting and other analysis to both internal and external customers. The Financial Analyst is responsible for understanding several source systems and identifying and correcting errors, performing root cause analysis, and generating complete, accurate, timely and transparent financial/operational reports as required by management and or/customers.
- Provides financial analysis and helps support ongoing operational initiatives.
- Generates standard reports for customers and management, applying skill, judgment, and an understanding of operational information and end user needs.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of business metrics and data points in order to perform meaningful analyses.
- Translates system data into scalable and easily understood solutions for internal/external customers and vendors.
- Performs root cause analysis when data integrity issues are identified and works with upstream users to enhance business processes to prevent recurrence.
- Analyzes, researches and reconciles complex data and/or issues for end users as required.
- Creates, documents, optimizes and implements optimal and durable processes to facilitate data integrity and supports achievement of business objectives.
- Contributes to the design, creation and implementation of best practices and training materials for team and departmental processes.
- Acts as a liaison between Accounting Services and IT to facilitate user acceptance testing and to implement system and process enhancements.
- Acts as departmental point of contact for internal and external audits providing data and responding to questions as needed.
- Performs other responsibilities and projects as assigned or apparent.
- Ability to generate macros using Excel and/or SQL in order to streamline repetitive tasks or reporting as required by the management or customer.
- Experience manipulating data from various source systems
- Experience in a high volume or large corporate environment.
- Experience in Lawson Accounting, Infinium/AS400, Infopro, TRUX, CBS, TPH and HCMT.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or business-related field.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in: • Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. • Health care and dependent care spending accounts. • Short- and long-term disability. • Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. • Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP). • Employee discount programs. • 401(k) plan with a generous company match. • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Posted Date: 5/18/2021 4:08:56 PM
Job Type: Exempt
Req #: R-041294
Location: AZ-Scottsdale-14400 N. 87Th Street (85260)
Job Category: Accounting