POSITION SUMMARY: The Internal Auditor is responsible for executing audit test steps at the direction of the senior team members. The audit test steps are designed to examine and evaluate the adequacy of the Company’s internal control structure with regards to the accuracy and completeness of reporting and adherence to Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Performs defined audit procedures to test compliance of internal controls with Company policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Coordinates audit activity and communicates results status to the audit team.
- Clearly and concisely documents audit test procedures, results and findings.
- Identifies, assesses and reports exceptions with Company policies, procedures, standards and guidelines and weaknesses in internal controls.
- Develops ongoing positive relationships with business units, corporate management and audit team members.
- Travel by air, car or other modes of transportation may be required up to 50% of the time.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Relevant certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Knowledge of ACL, IDEA, or other data analytic software preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field (required).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in: • Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. • Health care and dependent care spending accounts. • Short- and long-term disability. • Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. • Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP). • Employee discount programs. • 401(k) plan with a generous company match. • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Posted Date: 2/3/2021 8:26:36 PM
Job Type: Exempt
Req #: R-034269
Location: AZ-Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way (85054)
Job Category: Finance