POSITION SUMMARY: Within a division, the Operations Supervisor – Hauling Operations is responsible for supervising the collections activities in one or more lines of business (commercial, residential, roll-off (industrial) and/or container delivery and pick up) in a geographically dispersed area. The Operations Supervisor oversees drivers and helpers and works with the Operations Manager and General Manager to implement tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The Operations Supervisor ensures adherence to all accident prevention programs and leads operations to ensure compliance with all safety, environmental, operating, regulatory, accounting, ethics and other standards. Responsibilities include the execution and delivery of Safety, Customer Experience, and Efficiency while supporting a culture of employee engagement.
- Understand and provide leadership to achieve and communicate about safety goals and objectives.
- Work to remove unsafe conditions or situations from drivers’ routes.
- Work with the sales team to identify and eliminate any unsafe conditions on new route or for new customers.
- Partner with the maintenance department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards.
- Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and safety program.
- Engage assigned employees in active participation to instill a culture of safety by demonstration of a personal commitment to safe operations and active personal outreach to operational employees.
- Provide service to all customers that meets or exceeds customer expectations with regard to the entire customer experience.
- Understand missed pickup goals and meet or exceed expectations related to those goals.
- Resolve unusual service requests, equipment breakdowns and schedule changes with timely communications to all stakeholders.
- Interact with customers to solve and rectify any issues and improve the overall customer experience.
- Serve as a positive representative of the Company to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Company.
- Establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses per established and agreed plans.
- Lead drivers to exceed productivity goals and expectations for all routes.
- Create, modify and improve routes to maximize density and improve efficiency.
- Reduce route hours to the extent possible with techniques such as service conversions and container upsizing.
- Execute other operational plans to help achieve or exceed the division’s budgeted goals.
- Understand, support and execute service delivery while actively supporting maintenance and the operational role in fleet quality and maintenance.
- Create a collaborative, communicative team environment and drive employee engagement with the Company.
- Build and develop talent on the team, understand employees’ career goals and provide coaching to get employees ready for advancement with the Company.
- Perform other job related duties as needed or assigned.
- Able to direct large staff.
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
- Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent, with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance teams
- 1 year of lead or supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.