Reynolds American is evolving at pace – truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Brand Marketing Intern
SENIORITY LEVEL: Intern
LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC
Role positioning and objectives
This role is part of Brand Marketing.
We are seeking undergraduate students who are rising seniors with a desire to explore an internship that exposes them to consultative sales and marketing. During the Internship Program, interns will be exposed to training surrounding these skills to best prepare for a career at RAI. Brand Marketing Interns will work tenured marketing professionals to contribute to the successful execution of strategic business plans and marketing programs. You will work in intern groups to develop and present a strategic business analysis project addressing real business opportunities and creating action plans against those opportunities. In joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and progressive products by collaborating with forward-thinking, principled and hardworking people every day.
Reports to: Senior Manager Marketing
What you will be accountable for
- Participates in a full-time, 37.5-hour work week Internship Program for 10 weeks.
- Collaborate with other Marketing functions and teams.
- Develop outstanding product knowledge and, under mentor guidance.
- Function independently and collaboratively.
- Learn about product sales, distribution, and consumer marketing brand strategies.
- Timely completes administrative tasks including e-Learnings, expense reports, etc.
- Complete personal development and training sessions on social styles and adaptive communication.
- Effectively and appropriately uses independent judgment in making business and strategy recommendations.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you a creative, diligent, self-motivated leader with a passion for success?
- Do you have advanced communication and problem solving skills?
Essential experience, skills and knowledge
- Established ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Dedication to personal and professional development
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Entrepreneurial Approach: effectively exhibits change agility, translates vision into impactful plans, challenges the status quo, manages ambiguity, simplifies, and prioritizes tasks
- Encouraging Leadership: drives alignment, sets clear expectations to elevate performance, and identify, lead and support initiatives that challenge prevailing attitudes and current processes
- Develops and Stretches Talent: elevates individual and team performance, shows evidence and interest in stretch opportunities, and demonstrates a visible dedication to Diversity and Inclusion
- Insight and Execution: demonstrates optimism, a leading mentality, ability to be forward-thinking and pivot when needed and drives high quality output
- 21 years or older at the start of the internship program
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with coursework in marketing
- Previous experience in a marketing focused role – preferably in sales, field market trade, or business-to-business
- Geographic mobility