Does providing solutions for researchers’ needs motivate you? Are you excited by the idea of using neurotechnology to develop new therapies for people suffering from disease and disability?
Are EEG and transcranial electrical stimulation (tES) in your wheelhouse? When someone is telling you about their lab setup or their newest stimulation paradigm, do the questions start piling up in
Do you consider yourself to have great communication skills? Better yet, do you LIKE communicating with other people? Even with people who are very different from you?
Do you crave the answers to your questions? Do you incessantly check your email in anticipation of someone’s response when you are asking about their research?
If you said “yes” to these questions, we need you. There are hundreds of research laboratories across the world performing recording and stimulation in the nervous system. Their research can be improved with a Ripple system, and we need your help to get our system in their hands. We need a hardworking, solution-oriented, high-energy sales engineer with FIVE STAR interpersonal skills to help educate researchers about our systems.
To be successful in this job, you will need to be an EEG expert and you will need spectacular verbal and written communication skills. You will also need to be comfortable traveling and working occasional long hours for equipment demonstrations or scientific conferences. In fact, you might find yourself living off fizz (caffeine) to get our EEG & EEG+tES systems out there (oy, I promise our jokes are usually better than this…)
This is a full-time, salary plus commission position, starting as soon as possible in our Salt Lake City office. This position reports to superdad and EEG buff, Director of International Sales, Viral Sheth
About this Position
Here’s what you’ll do as a Research Sales Engineer:
- Create and follow up with new Neuromed sales contacts in North America via data mining, networking, and technical conferences; communicate with potential customers about experimental setups; determine and suggest ways Ripple equipment can contribute to their research needs.
- Maintain relationships with current customers for the purpose of pre and post-sale product demonstration, training/education, workshops, and other customer needs.
- Understand customer’s research requirements and provide solutions in a consultative manner.
- Visit existing and potential customers to establish and maintain relationships and understand needs.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Key Opinion Leaders.
- Use CRM to manage sales pipeline.
- Participate in sales forecasting.
- Meet sales quotas as defined quarterly by the Directors of the Neuroscience Research Businesses.
- Work with Research Support Engineers to provide solutions to existing customers that need assistance with debugging and troubleshooting existing Ripple equipment.
- Present sales data and results, and suggest equipment modifications to management team on a quarterly and as needed basis.
- Demonstrate industry knowledge on market trends, competitor landscape, and how Ripple Neuromed’s products fit within that context.
- Assist marketing team to develop marketing materials for digital platforms and research conferences.
- Prepare for and attend research conferences (requires frequent travel often exceeding 40%).
- Prepare for and attend equipment demonstrations at research laboratories (requires frequent travel often exceeding 40%).
- Adequately convey your thoughts/ideas via various communication mediums (email, phone, video chat, in-person, etc.)
- Change projects/priorities on a whim. Each week brings new problems and thus, new solutions! You must be adaptable and able to balance multiple tasks with various moving parts.
- Be thoughtfully constructive: We are looking for solution-oriented team players who can check their egos and collaborate to overcome obstacles.
- Genuinely care. At Ripple, we care deeply about each other and treat each other with respect, kindness, and patience. We care about the products we create and demand the best of ourselves.
Here’s the skillset we would like you to have to be able to do this job:
- Required: A MS, or PhD in bioengineering, biomedical engineering, neuroscience, or related technical field.
- Required: Exceptional interpersonal, communication & presentation skills as evidenced in recruiting interactions. Other samples may be requested.
- Required: 2+ years’ experience using EEG or EEG+tES systems (commercial or custom).
- Required: Dynamic and highly motivated research team member to help us build a
- leadership position in animal neuroscience research market.
- Required: Deep reserves of grit and optimism. We need someone who doesn’t get
- defeated easily and steps up to challenge after challenge with a positive outlook.
- Preferred: Sales experience.
- Preferred: Event Related Potential (ERP) and EEG based Brain Computer Interface (BCI)
Here is who you will work with:
- Jessi and Viral – our Neuroscience Research Business Directors. These two will keep you tasked and challenged. You can expect to report your many successes and few failures to them. They will help you learn to use our CRM and teach how to work within the Rippledom.
- Jonathan, Landan, and Taylor – our Research Support Engineers. These two will help ensure that every last customer problem is resolved. They will help you understand how our system works and how it’s different from other ephys systems on the market. They willbe happy to provide information on many of the high-level concepts or finicky details related to system configuration and debugging.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. We are a team. We pitch in and help each other on all projects. If you are “above” doing certain tasks, Ripple is definitely not a good fit for you. In this position, you won’t just attend the research conference. You will also help prepare the marketing brochures, pack the booth materials, and set up the exhibit. At Ripple, we consider this an opportunity to be involved on ALL fronts, rather than limited to just a few tasks. If you consider this a problem, you will likely find yourself underperforming at Ripple.
Ripple is committed to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected class defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity laws. Yeah, I know. You’ve heard it a million times, but we really do mean it. We take pride in having a diverse workplace. We are also willing to make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform this job.
Ripple delivers game-changing neurotechnology that greatly advances human health and potential. Our products integrate cutting-edge hardware and software elements designed to read and write from the human nervous system. We are funded by our sales revenue, contract design and engineering business, and grants from NIH and DARPA.
Executing this mission requires smart ideas, amazing people, and lots of hard work. To succeed we strive daily to find the best in ourselves as individuals and endeavor to approach our work together with intention, sincerity, and passion.
At its core, Ripple is a community of driven people who are choosing to work together on really hard problems. We are builders and creators and want to see our efforts impact the world for good. Those who thrive at Ripple are self-motivated and work well independently.
There are times of intense effort and individual contribution and sacrifice, but we know that what we are building will take time, and living a fulfilling life outside of Ripple will keep team members deeply engaged.
Ripplers are given high-level tasks and a bit of context. Then, they are expected to seek out information, standards, develop new skills and design something great with a team of similarly dedicated and driven colleagues. If you are looking for micromanagement, this is not the place. We encourage individuals to engage in finding solutions to the problems we encounter.
At Ripple, team members are often asked to do things they have never done before. We expect a lot of chances to hear differing opinions, and to be surrounded by people who deeply care about our projects and are interested in the big picture of what Ripple is trying to accomplish. Ripplers are encouraged to take time to help and teach others, and to listen, learn and change their own views until a solution emerges.
We expect great ideas to come from everyone at Ripple. We are passionate and friendly, patient and thoughtful, and all agree to not work with jackasses (no matter how great you think you are). All of us must actively contribute to the quality of our processes and products through thoughtful effort. There is no shortcut to making implantable medical devices or cutting-edge neuroscience tools, but with a strong team building them together, we can do it.
What do you think? Does this job posting make you warm and fuzzy inside? Are you already on our website checking out our products to see what the fuss is all about?
Then what are you waiting for? Send your resume on over to email@example.com with a cover letter explaining your interest in this position, and in working for Ripple. Note a cover letter is REQUIRED to be considered for this position. Tell us why this job posting spoke to you.
We are excited to hear from you!