- The job responsibilities of this Global Sanctions Compliance Officer position involve the complete process around regulatory driven sanction list or internally developed watch list searches of transactions and account holders looking for designated high risk clients and sanctioned transactions. This includes the process to determine if there is a true match to a suspect name, review, analysis and decisioning on wire transactions and specific issues escalated to/from internal business units. Validation on positive search results and providing detailed research information to support the resolution of a match. Providing written and verbal communication on issues with management, the lines of business and Compliance units, performing and reviewing highly sensitive client and transaction search information, reporting, escalating and documenting results.
- This position reports to a Global Sanctions Compliance Manager and is an integral of the Global Financial Crimes Compliance responsibilities to protect the organization and to fulfill the Bank’s regulatory requirements. Ideal candidates possess leadership, analytical ability, initiative, a solution-oriented consultative mindset, a thorough knowledge of banking, OFAC, Sanctions processes, service operations, products and systems and the ability to work effectively in a high volume, deadline driven, diverse team/site environment. Ability to work flexible hours is required. Will perform additional duties and special projects as requested. Occasional travel and overtime may be required.
- Must be willing to work 10AM to 7PM shift
- Customer contact and service operations area experience a plus.
- Candidate must have strong written/verbal communication, leadership, solid high volume processing and analytical skills with the ability to work independently on multiple assignments in a deadline driven, regulatory environment.
- Ability to maintain high quality in a risk intensive environment.
- Knowledge of SWIFT messaging and payment transactions is preferred. Demonstrate cross-line of business knowledge of banking systems and products.
- Possess strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business Administration.