Rockwell Automation is the largest company in the world dedicated to industrial automation and information. Here, we connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive. From improving the production of medicines that boost human health to reducing waste in an oil and gas plant, the work we do changes how we live.
We truly believe we are doing things never before possible. And we need the brightest minds to help make that happen – the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That’s where you come in.
The Strategic Development group at Rockwell Automation has an intern position available for a self-driven individual to participate in the development of monitoring and diagnostics solutions at the edge. A key target for monitoring and diagnostics is rotary machinery (such as motors). We have 2 types of opportunities:
- Vision-related intern: The intern will participate in adding functional modules to an AI-driven vision system that is in use in manufacturing operations. These functional modules include development of the web UI and backend ML modules that enhance the performance of the AI engine.
- Electromechanically systems interns: The intern will participate in the development of the adaptive algorithms that modify the controller tuning in response to the identified anomalous operating condition of the electromechanical system. The ideal intern will have be familiar with motion applications.
Skills you have
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical systems (including control).
- Knowledge of ML algorithms for image processing
- Experience with Typescript and Angular (or aptitude to learn it quickly) to build necessary user interface (Raspberry PI, Nvidia edge devices, …).
- Experience with Python.
- Comfortable with setting up experimental test beds
- Familiarity with Digital Signal Processing
- Familiarity with machine learning fundamentals (clustering, regression, etc)
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Preference given to candidates pursuing Masters or PHD degrees
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.