Attention night owls. Do you enjoy reviewing, editing detailed documents ? Are you a whiz with MS Word? Then start or continue your career by joining our Legal Operations team in Phoenix!
Check out our 3rd shift opportunities.
Mon – Fri; 10pm – 6am
Mon – Fri; 12 Midnight – 8am
Location: Phoenix, AZ
We are hiring Proofreaders to support time-sensitive proofreading requests. The ideal candidate must exhibit high attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication, and knowledgeable with various style guides such as Chicago manual of style, AP style, Blue Book and California style.
As a Proofreader, you will:
· Proofread complex legal documents to ensure consistency, spelling, dictation, syntax, punctuation and grammar using the appropriate style (firm style, The Chicago Manual of Style, The Bluebook and California Style Manual)
· Compare documents word for word against originals to ensure an accurate conversion
· Review cross references, and defined terms for accuracy and review Table of Authorities for accuracy and style
· Check handwritten revisions/electronic red lines against working draft to ensure all correction are made accurately
· Conduct separate checks for format, text accuracy and statistical data
· Ensure that the content of document is accurate, clear and complete and that the material is organized logically
· Use established proofreading marks to note corrections
· Follow established policies and procedures at all time
The ideal candidate must have a High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred with one (1) year of experience in legal word processing or legal field. Highly proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We offer a desirable benefits package including: medical (multiple plans to fit your needs), dental, vision, disability, Employee Assistance Program, 401k, Holiday pay, vacation and more!
There’s an opportunity for you – right here- to join a large, fortune 500 company at the formative level, make meaningful contributions, and be a part of something truly unique!