Legal Workflow Coordinator
RRD Req ID 50702 Monday – Friday, 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
RRD Req ID 50703 Monday – Friday, 6:00 am – 2:00 pm
We are currently seeking a skilled professional to coordinate, assign, distribute, prioritize, track, and expedite workload to the composition team. Candidate must interface with the production team, serve as a contact for resolution of client project concerns, ensure production goals are met, and implement process improvements directed by the manager: lead, coach, and mentor Document Specialists. Escalate and assist with resolving employee issues as requested. Perform production work as necessary and demonstrate mastery in document processing. Candidates must enjoy producing quality work and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. Knowledge in legal word/document processing using various legal software, tools, Microsoft Office suite is an added advantage.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for incoming requests to the DPS department for various word processing related projects such as formatting, proofreading, editing, styling of documents, printing, and conversion or saving documents to image (PDF);
- Interface with requestors to gather detailed information to better understand the nature and requirements of assignments;
- Analyze requests to determine how tasks should be performed and engage the appropriate resource for completion;
- Direct requests to proper resources and coordinate with local and off-site office services;
- Assist with proofreading tasks and quality control analysis during heavy volume periods;
- Delivery projects within a reasonable, negotiated time period;
- Flexibility to work overtime;
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all firm-supported software packages;
- Perform other related duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Prior document processing experience in a team environment;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet pressing deadlines;
- Ability to produce quality work product;
- Flexibility to work overtime;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook;
- Experience and exposure to any of the below legal software and Office applications is beneficial: Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Phillips Speech Exec, Bighand Digital Dictation, Best Authority, DocXtools, Omnipage, Forte, MacPac, Numbering Assistant, Forms Assistant, Nuance, Workshare Compare, iManage Desksite or Filesite, Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, E-Transcript Bundle Viewer, and Citrix Workspace;
- Experience and exposure in any of these legal support tasks is an added advantage: Creating Table of Authorities, Table of Contents, inserting hyperlinked cross-references, converting PDFs to Microsoft Word, applying Word styles using macros, troubleshooting problem documents including redlines and documents containing multiple numbering schemes, style separators, and other field codes;
- Experience redacting, revising, and bookmarking PDFs using Adobe Acrobat.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm with 95% accuracy;
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of legal terminology and legal citations preferred, but not required;
- Transcription experience is preferred but not required.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer.