REIMAGINING FLEXBILITY – RSM’s goal is to offer flexibility in when, where and how you work to help you manage your unique professional and personal priorities while still delivering excellent RSM experiences for your clients, colleagues and communities. As such, this role is open to locations in close proximity to one of our many offices in the United States.
RSM has an opportunity for a highly motivated intern for National IT at RSM who will work directly with the IT Architecture team. You’ll be a member of a team who is responsible for the design and improvement of the IT infrastructure and architectural models to bolster RSM lines of business and their respective portfolios. You will demonstrate and maintain high standards performing essential duties below while fostering a proactive, efficient and service-oriented work environment. Communication and professionalism are paramount as you will be representing RSM National IT to effectively engage with technical and business leadership as well as external providers of IT services.
- Support the IT Architecture team in the maintenance of software, systems, and other tools. Provide assistance by entering, updating, and backing-up data when requested. Will gain experience with version controlling and database management. 30%
- Participate in the development and upkeep of the IT Architecture SharePoint site and RSM EA Tool. Use web development skills to test and provide feedback to Technical Analyst in charge of site and tool maintenance. Will gain experience with content management platforms and web development practices. 30%
- Use communication skills to conduct research and interviews on behalf of IT Architecture team members.
- Record notes and write reports to keep team members and leadership apprised of the information gathered. Will gain experience with corporate communication skills, use case documentation, and requirements gathering. 30%
- Collaborate with IT Architecture team members to understand and assist with organizational and operational challenges. Use this knowledge to assist with data and architecture modeling. Will gain experience with visual design modeling. 10%
- Other duties as assigned 5%
- Required: Must have pursued, or is currently pursuing, a degree in computer based field.
- Agile Methodologies
- Basic web development skills (PHP, HTML, CSS)
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in team collaboration – Required
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills – Required
- Exceptional analytical and process development skills – Preferred