REIMAGINING FLEXBILITY – RSM’s goal is to offer flexibility in when, where and how you work to help you manage your unique professional and personal priorities while still delivering excellent RSM experiences for your clients, colleagues and communities. As such, this role is open to locations in close proximity to one of our many offices in the United States.
RSM has an opportunity for a highly motivated intern for National IT Security Operations at RSM who will work directly with various IT teams to support RSM’s modern security processes and technologies. You’ll be a member of a team responsible for repelling cyberthreats relevant to RSM lines of business and their respective technologies and processes. You will demonstrate and maintain high standards performing essential duties below while fostering a proactive, efficient, and service-oriented work environment. Communication, critical thinking, curiosity, and overall professionalism are paramount as you will be representing RSM National IT Security Operations to effectively engage with technical and business leadership as well as external providers of IT services.
- Assist in security operations activities including incident triage, resolution, alerting reviews, threat hunting, and threat signature creation. 30%
- Assist in improving existing security processes, building playbooks, and leveraging automation tools. 30%
- Perform data analysis to uncover actionable threat intelligence. 25%
- Test and evaluate new security technology. 10%
- Other duties as assigned. 5%
- TOTAL 100%
- Required: Junior or Senior in a Computer Science related degree field and in good academic standing.
- All of the below are not required but you will gain an understanding of a majority during your internship
- Good understanding of how cyberattacks work and are prevented
- Server Operating Systems
- Database Proficiency (SQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Cloud Computing Platforms (Azure, AWS, VMWare)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in team collaboration – Required
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills – Required
- Exceptional analytical and process development skills – Preferred