Please click the apply link to search through all offices hiring for this position. Application deadlines vary by market, so please connect with the local recruiter for any specific deadlines.
As a Risk Consulting Intern at RSM, you will work with various sized businesses spanning industries like manufacturing, real estate, construction, financial institution, not-for-profit, healthcare, and private equity. Interns will also receive hands-on client experience with direct access to business owners and executive management. At the start of your internship, you will be assigned a “Navigator”, a more junior employee, who will aide in your development throughout the internship experience.
Our clients depend upon effective risk management and internal audit services in order to achieve their business objectives. Technology Risk Consulting “TRC” serves middle market leaders globally to help transform their technology risk management and assurance capabilities so they are aligned to the key risks and strategies of their organization.
TRC professionals utilize their background in accounting, business and Information Technology to provide, including:
- Understanding clients’ needs and expectations, their business and industry, accounting and control systems, employees and company values
- Assist clients on the design and optimization of controls utilizing a general knowledge of business processes, accounting, and information technologies.
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions to best advise our clients
- Assist in creating internal control documentation to support client engagements
- Engage with client leadership on strategies to anticipate emerging technology risks
- Examples of commonly performed TRC projects include:
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)/regulatory and compliance engagements for application and IT controls
- System and Controls (SOC) reporting and other controls opinion services
- Information Technology controls testing in support of financial statement audits
- Technical IT controls review
- Internal audits over ERP systems, IT security, and other IT systems
- To learn more about “a day in the life of a Risk Consultant” check out this video!
- Internship & Program Requirements:
- Pursuing at least a B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent from accredited university , expected completion of degree by December 2023 or June 2024
- There are 2 different types of individuals that we look to hire into this team:
- Major in Accounting and/or related degrees
- Major in Information Systems and/or related degrees
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Travel to assigned client locations may be required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Certification or working towards certification as a CPA, CISA, or CIA, preferred not required
The firm offers a competitive benefits package, base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines. Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based upon on role, hiring location, and qualifications. For additional information on RSM’s total rewards, visit our website at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.html.
If required by applicable law or client policy, you may be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation.
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.