Please click the apply link to search through all offices hiring for this position. Application deadlines vary by market, so please connect with the local recruiter for any specific deadlines.
At RSM, consulting interns work with large and small companies in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges. Interns work on multiple team engagements simultaneously, including several pieces of any particular assignment. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our interns perform at their best and integrate their careers with their personal lives.
Business Valuation Consulting Interns provide quality services to clients focused on financial analysis. You will use your strong analytical skills to develop quality solutions to meet client requirements. Business Valuation Consulting Interns work on a variety of assignments, including business enterprise valuations (closely held businesses, corporations, FLPs, LLCs, other corporate entities), purchase price allocations, goodwill impairment testing, intellectual property valuations, and employee stock option valuations. Business Valuation Consulting Interns also work on comprehensive debt and equity valuations for many purposes such as investment analysis, capital budgeting, management planning, merger and acquisition transactions, financial reporting, gift and estate tax and litigation.
Examples of candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Gathering financial data and subject company information through direct interactions with client personnel and RSM audit and tax personnel
- Performing in depth client, industry, market and competitor research
- Building financial models discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction and option pricing analyses
- Performing financial analysis
- Applying valuation methodologies
- Writing business valuation and litigation support reports, including economic, industry, and company analyses, and application of business valuation approaches and methods
- Developing business proposals and presentations communicated to current and prospective clients
- Working towards B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, and Business Administration (with a concentration in Finance) from an accredited University
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA preferred
- Ability to travel locally and nationally
- An interest in focusing on middle market companies
- Ability to partner with other lines of business (assurance, tax and other consulting personnel)
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and thrive on a steep learning curve
- Natural aptitude for solving problems and critical thinking
- Ability to articulate, write and present information in a clear and understandable manner
- Ability to balance multiple priorities (time management)
- Desire to learn and grow
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint a must)
- Understanding of basic financial concepts (NPV, DCF, WACC, etc.)
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Driven to exceed client expectations
- Strong organizational skills
The firm offers a competitive benefits package, base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines. Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based upon on role, hiring location, and qualifications. For additional information on RSM’s total rewards, visit our website at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.html.
If required by applicable law or client policy, you may be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation.
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.