The Accountant performs professional accounting duties in the analysis, preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports for various Water Authority accounts and funds; and performs related duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of enterprise accounting principles, understand the accounts payable process, and will be skilled in the design and maintenance of spreadsheets. Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) accounting software (i.e. Peoplesoft) is desired. In addition, the successful candidate must:
- Value a culture of supporting one another, and be able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Be resourceful in a deadline-driven environment;
- Communicate effectively with others using tact and diplomacy;
- Pay meticulous attention to detail in order to identify errors or inconsistencies in financial data; and
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills to prepare clear and concise financial documents.
The qualification guidelines generally describe the knowledge and ability required to enter the job in order to successfully perform the assigned duties. Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration or a closely related field. Proficiency with spreadsheet software is highly desirable.
To be considered for this position, please submit an employment application and supplemental questionnaire by Sunday, December 12, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application and supplemental questionnaire. Apply online at www.sdcwa.org/careers.