Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This position is within the US Home & Distribution Line of Business and is accountable for converting and driving sales growth with electrical contractors, in the residential and small commercial through the wholesale and retail channels to market. The position leverages the Mobile Innovation Tour (MIT) to demonstrate our Grid-to-Plug strategy and lead the introduction of our new wiring device offer. Emphasis on time and material savings and highlighting our engineered solutions to capitalize on sustainable energy solutions is our primary customer message.
The successful person will be responsible for the sale and promotion of our residential and commercial electrical distribution products in specific sales areas leading and deploying the Square D Mobile Innovation Tour at scheduled locations and events.
This person will be responsible for working with the Schneider / Square D sales offices, Home & Distribution team and channel management team to deploy at 7 to 10 locations and/or electrical contractor business locations per week. The MIT may also be deployed for local and regional trade shows, national home builders’ locations, electrical inspector meetings, trade shows, apprentice events and the like as needed in the sales area.
This person will work under the direction of the regional Business Development Manager. The goal of this role is to train and raise awareness of electrical wholesale personnel and more importantly electrical contractor customers (new and existing) about the unique value proposition of the Square D electrical residential / light commercial solutions.
The position will start on June 7, 2021 with a 2-week training period in Nashville, TN for basic Schneider Electric onboarding. A 2-week training session will follow at our Lexington, KY facility for in depth training on the Home & Distribution offers, competitive offers and other essentials for the role. Following that training, work will begin in assigned areas of responsibilities working along side others from the Home & Distribution and/or our residential sales engineers in your assigned area.
The role will play a key part in the launch strategy for the Square D branded wiring devices introducing to the US markets coinciding with the start timing above.
This job might be for you if:
- Accountable for the awareness education and promotion of our residential products and specific differentiated value propositions of Square D residential solutions in single and multifamily markets through our channels to market.
- Ensure effective planning and communication are executed by participating distributors and other users of the MIT to ensure event day attendance and participation are optimized at each event.
- Perform reviews of counter areas and ensure that currently relevant promotional materials are in place.
- Work in tandem with the channel sales team and territory sales reps to ensure that appropriate inventories are in place particularly of new offers.
- Manages and tracks the goals and objectives of the Square D MIT program in conjunction with the Square D Home & Distribution team and marketing communication team.
- Work closely with the Business Development team on sales and promotional activities to profitably grow our business in the assigned area.
- Expose contractors to the contractor portal and drive portal registrations of visiting contractors
- Manage and drive established registration and follow-up digital tools in order to provide the best data for key performance indicators related to this program.
- Flavor the analytics and KPI’s of the program with front line qualitative feedback from the events.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and interactive engagement is maintained to the highest level.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering / Marketing / Business, preferably EE/ME or equivalent experience, regardless, have a technical orientation and skill set.
- Individual must have strong selling abilities and excellent interpersonal communication skills with customers and partners
- If you have interest in the energy management / electrical business and the retail and wholesale channel to market
- Understand this entry position affords an excellent foundation for learning the Schneider offers and excellent visibility to management for promotion to other roles inside Schneider Electric
- Computer, tech skills: Must have basic computer Microsoft office skills and other digital tool capabilities
Company provided vehicle will be a diesel pickup with the ability to maneuver a trailer
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: United States