For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, as a business of Schneider Electric, we are the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority – committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by a 24-hour nationwide service support.
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Product Engineer based out of our Welcome, NC office.
Provides assistance and supports engineering design services for assigned projects from the time it is assigned until the time it is commissioned in the field.
- Produce required documentation for fabrication purposes by researching custom specifications, industry standards and following defined manufacturing and assembly methods.
- Assists in providing engineering information by communicating questions and requests.
- Assists in resolving differences between design and fabrication requirements by making determinations such as modifying design verses sending parts back to the vendor.
- Assists in troubleshooting designs and completing projects by collaborating with Test Technicians.
- Maintains Product and company reputation by complying with applicable regulations and standards.
- Expected to work with assistance from other sources such as engineering, project management, purchasing etc…
- Evaluates assigned projects by designing and conducting research around custom specifications and applying degreed level knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Releases projects to manufacturing by assembling bill of materials, generating electrical schematics, point to point interconnects and developing application specific programs and description of operation.
- Maintains drawing and program revisions by issuing Engineering Change Notices.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Education: 4 year engineering degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering.
- Experience: Entry level to two years of professional experience in OEM design activities, PLC or script based programming, meeting schedules and providing technical support.
- Thorough understanding of the fundamental concepts involved in electrical circuit design, Power Systems, and Digital Logic.
- AutoCAD, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, File Management Software.
- Strong Work Ethic: Self-motivated and dedicated to completing the task at hand regardless of setbacks.
- Positive Attitude: Focuses on solutions and opportunities when confronted with difficult challenges.
- Flexibility: Adapts to new situations and readily accepts new challenges when the need arises.
- Stability: Remains calm under pressure.
- Coachable: Open to learning new ideas and able to handle criticism.
- Specific Knowledge (Electrical):
- Thorough understanding of the fundamental concepts involved in electrical circuit design, Power Systems, Digital Logic and basic Protective Relaying applications.
- AutoCAD, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, File Management Software, Jobscope/JDE, Promis-E Software, Ladder Logic and GE Proficy Software.
- Awareness and understanding of applicable codes, including NEC, NFPA110, UL508, UL891, UL1008 and UL1558.
- Teamwork: Assigned projects require multiple engineers working together to meet critical deadlines by utilizing excellent listening skills and willingly supporting coworkers on assigned projects.
- Communication: Presentations of assigned projects to customers require the ability to clearly express ideas in both oral and written formats.
- Decision Making: Adept in defining issues, gathering facts, considering multiple possible solutions and selecting the best outcome with some assistance.
- Time Management: Completes assigned tasks within a defined schedule by planning ahead and by being able to set and achieve personal goals and priorities. Able to multitask while identifying and communicating scheduling conflicts in a timely manner.
- Problem Solving: Overcomes obstacles in the face of adversity by identifying problems and analyzing patterns or trends in data for specific problems.
- Detail Oriented: Able to follow precise procedures and thoroughly complete assigned tasks by using strong follow-up skills.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.