Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This position is responsible for servicing all system issues on time and to the customer’s satisfaction.
These specialists will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing customer systems, performing
scheduled maintenance, performing warranty work, and suggesting and performing system
improvements, modifications, etc. to current customers Building Automation Systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
· Troubleshoot and repair customer systems
· Perform scheduled maintenance on installed systems
· Request and deliver material as required
· Coordinate activities of subcontractors when necessary
· Create, load, and test system databases
· Test, backup and tune system databases
· Check out and start up control systems
· Provide on-site training to customers as needed
· Suggest system improvements, modifications, etc.
· Perform warranty work
· Complete documentation for assigned tasks
· Coordinate and communicate activities with the customer
- Participate in the afterhours on-call rotation
- · Other duties may be assigned
- QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience,
- skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
- disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- · Two-year (2) degree in a related technical field or related work experience
- · Minimum six years related work experience
- SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- · Understanding of HVAC, Security, Access Control, CCTV, or other building or electronic
- control systems
- · Proficient in software applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- · Industry product knowledge desired
- · Good knowledge of service procedures.
- · Good customer service skills.
- · Strong verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to the ability to
- relate technical terminology to customers, listen effectively, and solicit input from others.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
- be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable
- Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative
- of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable
- accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites.
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift 75-pounds unassisted.
- May be required to report to work outside normal business hours, on holidays and on weekends.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.