The National Purchasing Administrator (RPA) is responsible for the set-up, input, and administrative handling of construction contracts for work constructed by the company in a specific region. The RPA receives from the National Purchasing Specialist contract files for the successful bidders. They enter pertinent contract information into the E1/JDE system creating contract commitments. Contract commitments are original contracts, buyer selected options & upgrades, etc. These commitments govern all contract payments to a trade contractor. The RPA is responsible to have all contracts signed and counter signed by the trade and Shea Homes respectively. Subsequent to the processing of construction contracts, the RPA is also responsible for handling and input of scope and specification change orders to existing contracts. The RPA is responsible to have change orders signed and counter signed by the trade contractor and Shea Homes respectively. The RPA is responsible for the ongoing accuracy, maintenance, and updating of contracts in the system.
1. Must have a passionate drive to learn and improve. Self motivated
2. Professional demeanor: projects positive and professional image
3. Productivity: excellent attendance, excellent work quantity and quality, positive contributor; ability to work successfully in a team environment, strong people skills, works well with others at all levels
4. Innovation: seeks new opportunities and growth challenges, contributes ideas, helps resolve problems, and develops new procedures and methods
5. Honesty: truthful and trustworthy, does what needs to be done and what is right; is fair and objective, has uncompromising personal integrity and treats others in a mature, responsible manner
6. Loyalty: has commitment toward the goals and values of the organization, respects its efforts, defends its good name, gives the job the best effort and sincerity
7. Initiative: ability to think, work and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
8. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
9. Must possess a strong internal/external customer service orientation/commitment
10. Excellent time management, organization and follow-up skills
11. Ability to manage competing priorities and assignments
12. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
13. Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards
14. Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to rapid change
15. Creates good will within department and interdepartmentally
16. Ability to understand construction terminology
17. Ability to comprehend construction processes and sequence of work
Why work at Shea Homes?
Realizing your vision for a rich and rewarding career is important; however, choosing a company that shares your vision and provides an environment that allows you to reach your full potential isn’t always easy. The Shea Family of Companies supports the career aspirations of our associates and relishes the opportunity to leverage the talents and skills of our workforce. We believe that you work your best at jobs you enjoy the most—and we encourage everyone to maintain an appropriate balance between work and life in general.
The foundation of our culture is driven by our core values and an emphasis on building effective relationships with our customers, trade partners, and other team members.
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management or Business