Shopee’s Regional Marketplace Operations department is constantly solving problems and introducing innovative solutions to improve platform usability and enhance end-user experience for our buyers, sellers, and partners. Our teams sit at the core of our business and collaborate with various departments to manage end-to-end e-commerce processes, and design scalable solutions to create impact across multiple markets. To do so, we deep dive into the fundamentals of each aspect and drive strategic initiatives to sharpen our policy, processes and features for greater product and operational excellence. Regional Operations includes the teams of Customer Service, Payment, Listings, Seller Operations, Returns & Refunds, and Fraud.
WHERE YOU COME IN
Being fast-paced, dynamic and proactive is paramount to our success in creating a lasting impact for our end users. As we continue to design and spearhead new initiatives, the ability to work in cross-functional teams, refine business processes, and derive data-backed solutions and improvement remain crucial in driving the achievement of our business goals.
We are looking for a hands-on, motivated individual who is ready to explore new ideas and work with us to refine, build and implement changes to help drive our business’s success. You will be exposed to a multitude of functional areas across Shopee as you work on pivotal initiatives to improve our user experience. Additionally, you will also receive guidance, training and support to help you attain valuable skills and grow professionally in your career.
Your day-to-day activities:
- Identify business needs, propose areas of improvement and kickstart/implement process and/or operational changes
- Conduct market research to support strategic business planning and product development
- Identify current systems’ capabilities and limitations and pioneer new initiatives to drive continuous improvement on systems, reporting methods and operational processes
- Work closely with internal stakeholders from cross-functional and products teams across multiple markets to build, test and implement new processes, systems or product
- Support and manage project progress and facilitate coordination of tasks to drive achievement of our business goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable in working with data and ability to draw insights from data sets and devise practical and scalable data-driven solutions
- Ability to define project objectives, resources, timelines and methodologies clearly to all stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and capable of interacting and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders in the management of end-to-end processes and projects
- Proactiveness in discovering new ways of getting things done
- Curiosity and openness to new challenges that help you grow beyond your role
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Proficient in MS Office (especially in Excel)
- Experience/proficiency in SQL/Python is a plus
- We are hiring all year round and applications are processed on a rolling basis. Please apply directly via the link provided.
- Virtual interviews will be conducted for applicants outside of Singapore
- Successful applicants based in other parts of Southeast Asia and Taiwan may be arranged to work temporarily from one of our local offices