Interested in aiding the supply chain for some of Shure’s most legendary products? Come join us!
In your role as Inventory Control Specialist, you will be responsible for the set up, supply and maintenance of returned products and Sub-assemblies from all Shure locations to the Business Unit’s Regional Service Center (RSC) in alignment with global service and inventory goals.
- Works closely with GSS Product life-cycle Sr. Engineer to insure all NPI/MOL/DPN and pricing processes are aligned.
- Insures supply of Global Service demand to the Regional Service Centers which may include assisting in resolving part shortages, assisting in allocations of limited components, and preventing potential schedule interruptions as well as managing SAP parameters such as Coverage Profile, Lot Size, MRP Strategy, and Forecast Consumption.
- Updates the Global Service organization regularly on service level and supply performance.
- Participates in the Global Service Governance Board reviews as part of the Service and repair focus within S&OP process.
- Supports introduction of New Products for the Global Service organization in Regional Service Centers including population and maintenance of Material Masters in SAP for assemblies and finished goods.
- Coordinates discontinuation of Products in the Global Service organization in accordance with global Discontinued Product Notice Procedure.
- Communicates capacity/supply position to the Global Service organization to coordinate, respond to and facilitate requests for exceptions to material end of life, quality driven quarantines, including frozen and unusual order quantities, by reviewing availability/run out options and costs with Purchasing and Manufacturing.
- Adhere to global practice Material management procedure.
- Assists with defining and documenting business process.
- Associate’s degree in Supply Chain or related field, Certification in APICS CSCP/CPIM is preferred.
- Entry level to 2 years of experience
- Basic knowledge in production and inventory control, supply chain analysis, inventory stock targeting, and capacity studies and learns to use professional concepts
- Able to apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Able to follow standard instructions, practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data
- Comfortable communicating in English and working closely with other functional areas, locations, and levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis and problem solving.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Positive and flexible attitude.
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint preferred