Southwest Strategies is seeking a full-time, entry-level account coordinator to support project managers with community outreach, media relations and social media for the agency’s wide range of development, transportation, infrastructure and energy clients.
Applicants should be thoughtful, engaging, creative, motivated, technologically savvy and highly organized. And, most importantly, looking to learn and grow in the public relations field!
Southwest Strategies is a full-service public affairs, outreach and strategic communications agency, specializing in public outreach, government relations, media relations, multicultural outreach and social media/digital advocacy. Get to know our work through some of our case studies.
- Cultivate community awareness and support for projects through targeted outreach, canvassing, phone calls, group meetings and events
- Provide general account support to clients needing community relations, digital advocacy and strategic communication services
- Develop engaging and innovative content for social media, advertising, videos, websites, fact sheets, presentations, newsletters and other collateral
- Assist with special event planning and coordination including conducting preliminary research and supporting event execution
- Assist with client-related media coverage and social media tracking
- Conduct client-related research and develop stakeholder databases
- Respond to stakeholder inquiries and track outreach and activities in project logs
- Assist in coordinating public hearings, including managing invites, tracking RSVPs, and supporting set up and cleanup activities
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science, Digital Media, Public Affairs or Public Administration required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of latest social media trends, platforms and software
- Familiarity with AP Style and standard rules of grammar
- Fluency in Spanish or other languages