The 2021 Network Operations Intern Program is open for dedicated and hardworking students. The goal of the Network Operations Intern Program is to provide current students with exposure to a real-life network operations setting, while giving them the opportunity to learn about our industry. Spectrum provides an atmosphere that is intended to broaden an entry level candidate’s professional understanding while promoting self-confidence, accomplishment, and career development.
The program is 10 weeks in length and will run from June through August 2021
SUMMARY OF PROJECTS
The 2021 NetOps Intern is responsible for assisting in the effort to identify actionable insights through data and business analysis of the Network Operations organization in order to provide Spectrum customers with the best possible customer experience. Work closely with the analysts within Network Operations Reporting & Metrics and the related verticals teams to research and develop data analysis to support the effort to minimize the frequency and scope of impact during network impairments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Optimize network performance through the application of basic statistical analyses using a common set of key data points
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in standard data sets. Present standard data sets and information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Provide business analysis and support for Network Operations; generate routine and ad hoc reports along with creation and presentation of quality dashboards that provide operational visibility to the business unit(s)
- Shadows members of all NOC functions and where possible other local groups to gain a broader understanding of the Charter network and the products offered
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and / or related field from an accredited University; Masters’ degree is preferred.
- Rising Junior (current Sophomore) or above Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA required
- Relevant internship experience a plus, as is familiarity in a leadership position at work or within a campus organization
- Strong passion demonstrated via energy levels, enthusiasm, creativity and commitment
- Must practice good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Proficiency with SQL to query, scrub and parse data
- Proficiency with Tableau to effectively consume data analysis and developing visualizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Access, Word)
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy required
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of the telecommunications industry desired
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.