Who We Are
Since 1843, Stanley Black & Decker has set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things.
Who is Stanley Black & Decker? We are the leader in tools and security. We are STANLEY Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. We are the automatic doors you walk through. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what you drive, the stores you shop at, or building you work in, you can bet we had a hand in making it work.
About Our Internship Opportunity
We are currently seeking students to join our Summer 2021 Sales & Marketing Internship Program. During your internship you’ll represent Stanley Black & Decker as a Sales Representative supporting our DEWALT, STANLEY and PORTER CABLE brands at the Home Depot.
Selected students will participate in a 10-week Summer internship program. As an intern you’ll be partnered with an existing team of Sales Coordinators who are members of our Sales & Marketing Development Program. As a Sales & Marketing Intern you’ll engage with customers, learn the fundamentals of retail merchandising and drive results for corporate marketing initiatives and promotions. You’ll build relationships with key decision makers and support the market strategy for the territory, in which you’re placed. This is an active, hands-on role. You’ll work daily in the Home Depot stores and will need to be able to build displays and climb ladders in order to merchandise products. You’ll advance your skills in sales, presenting and understanding of marketing strategies. You’ll also be exposed to the Sales & Marketing Development Program; Stanley Black & Decker’s fulltime program which builds future sales and marketing leaders for the organization.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter, energized working independently and in a team-based environment. We’re seeking someone with effective selling skills, a resourceful problem solver with excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work with a wide variety of people from the retail consumers, Home Depot Management and Stanley Black & Decker team members.
With great rewards…
This position will provide you with:
· A sales position impacting results for a fortune 250 company
· Competitive Compensation
· Fulltime program
· Opportunity for career advancement upon graduation with exposure to the Sales &
Marketing Development Program
As a Sales & Marketing Intern you will have the opportunity to learn about the DEWALT, STANLEY and PORTER CABLE product lines and drive sales in our busiest markets. You’ll learn feature, benefit selling tactics, utilize strategic marketing initiatives, and drive results through merchandising and promotional support.
- Work daily at the Home Depot as a Stanley Black & Decker Sales Representative
- Track results through event reporting system
- Maintain product merchandising and marketing initiatives at the store level
· Build relationships with Home Depot store personnel
· Engage regularly with customers to assist with product information and utilize feature, benefit selling techniques to drive sales
- Rising junior or senior working towards a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business
- Results oriented
- Fast learner and self-motivated
- Proven Leadership in and out of the classroom
- Effective Communication skills required
- Strong Knowledge/Skills of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excel – intermediate to advanced skills required
- Basic understanding/ability to navigate web-based programs
- Strong Project Management/Organizational Skills
- All applicants must be based in and/or able to commute to internship locations
Location of internship list below: No relocation provided, must be in city location
- Atlanta, GA
- Baltimore, MD
- Boston, MA
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- NY Metro
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Washington DC/Northern VA
- Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
- Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.