We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
*****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity*****
As a member of the Property and Casualty Actuarial community you will be challenged and empowered to grow personally and professionally. We are dedicated to helping each of our associates develop to his or her full potential.
In order to enable our associates to grow, P&C Actuarial offers a competitive Exam Support program for associates pursuing their actuarial designations.
Our P&C Actuarial Analysts develop actuarial recommendations for leadership and implement changes to satisfy the financial objectives of the #1 Auto and Homeowners insurer in the U.S. They also develop and apply statistical modeling techniques to solve business problems, conduct research, identify solutions to actuarial problems and analyze and prepare responses to various actuarial questions/issues. Our Analysts serve as valued resources to other State Farm areas, often engaging with business partners across the organization to solve multi-faceted business problems.
We Are Looking for Candidates With
- Experienced Actuarial Analyst with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the field
- Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Management or other analytics majors preferred
- Experience with data and statistical analysis in Excel, SQL, SAS, R, and/or Python required
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organization, leadership and critical thinking skills
- Successful completion of at least three Society of Actuaries or Casualty Actuarial Society exams required. ACAS designation preferred.
- Candidates should intend to progress toward their ACAS/FCAS designation
There is a 24-month incumbency period (beginning on the employee’s effective date) for any lateral job movements and a 12-month incumbency period for any promotional opportunities, which must be met before the employee may post for other State Farm positions. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.
What’s in it for You?
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn’t want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Savings Plan
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That’s right, we trust you…
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
What You Can Expect
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!