Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in forensic financial accounting, litigation consulting and/or health care fraud analysis required. Experience supporting criminal and civil investigations required. Experience preparing for expert reports and other trial preparation preferred. CPA preferred; Certified Fraud Examiner preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Shall work individually and lead a team to perform the following tasks:
• analyze complex personal and business financial records for purposes to include identifying payments and kickbacks, tracing money flows, identifying assets, identifying sources and uses of cash, and quantifying damages;
• analyze and calculate ability to pay settlements and judgments, including analyzing debt covenants, borrowing capacity, adjusted earnings and earnings per share, financial ratios, account receivable and accounts payable, aging schedules, tax considerations, assessing collectability and developing payment terms and schedules;
• identify, quantify, and understand related party transactions;
• analyze healthcare claims and other data;
• create financial damage models for use in litigation;
• conduct asset valuation;
• conduct records reconstruction;
• develop computerized models to assist in the presentation of financial evidence;
• report on financial data and evidence;
• communicate findings to attorneys and investigators;
• review defense presentations, expert reports and arguments;
• work with independent experts;
• prepare expert reports for litigation;
• participate in negotiations as requested;
• testify as required;
• and perform training and give presentations on data analysis tools and experience.
Education & Other Requirements:
- 4 year undergraduate degree with a concentration in accounting or related field (finance, business, banking, or economics); Graduate degree or equivalent preferred;
- Ability to clear Federal Government background check and obtain necessary level of clearance is required (must be a US citizen);
- Must be eligible to work in the US, without employer sponsorship, at the time of hire and in the future;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access);
- Understanding of financial documents used in day-to-day business operations and transactions;
- Ability to critically analyze financial statements, accounting records, and other financial documents;
- Ability to manage a project;
- A strong work ethic, innovative thinking and a positive attitude;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to develop and critique alternative arguments/opinions;
- Ability to conduct thorough research;
- Excellent team player;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations, including changing client/court-imposed deadlines; and
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients and team members.
Our goal is to provide a comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes competitive compensation, benefits & wellness programs that allows employees to choose what’s most important to them at any life stage. At Stout, we are committed to the personal and professional development of our employees while fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
Stout Culture: We honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are committed to representing and including the unique experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds of our people, partners, and the communities we serve. Our core values embrace a culture of inclusion and the equitable treatment of all team members, starting with Stout’s leadership and spreading across the organization. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with an array of talents, ideas, and experiences that propel the entrepreneurial spirit and exceptionalism that drive our success. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, click here.
Professional Development: To foster employee development we offer ongoing training and learning opportunities, employee resources groups, mentorship programming, reimburse professional designations and organization memberships, and provide ongoing 360 feedback and quarterly performance check-in’s.
Stout Benefits : Stout offers a variety of benefits to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees throughout their career at Stout. View our Benefits page to see what this can look like for you.
Flexible Work Schedules: Work-life balance is important to us and we want our employees to have balanced lives, which is why we have a discretionary time off policy for all salaried exempt employees. This gives you the ability to take time off as appropriate.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Stout is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of valid job requirements, qualifications and merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Stout values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, people with disabilities and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.