Our mission is to make education accessible, and over the last two decades Study.com has become the leading online education platform delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
As a member of the Study.com team, you’ll help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility. Every minute a learner enrolls in a course and our College Accelerator solution. Study.com has collectively saved students $132 million in college tuition.
You’ll also be part of a company dedicated to contributing to society. Study.com has donated $23 million in-kind value across social impact programs, including matching employee contributions to non-profit organizations and millions to help schools during the pandemic.
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. And our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
- Inc. Best Place to Work
- Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
As an education technology leader, Study.com owes much of its success to its data driven approach. We help over thirty million learners and instructors on Study.com each month, improving their user experience and driving growth by collecting, storing and presenting massive amounts of data that are crucial to everyday business decisions. We’re looking for a Associate Data Analyst to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is passionate about digging into data, understanding and explaining the stories the data tell as well as helping others solve problems, gain insights, and make smart decisions rooted in data. Additionally, our team built and maintains the entire data and ETL pipeline, so an inclination toward engineering is highly preferred.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Associate Data Analyst Position
- As part of the Business Intelligence team, own and maintain the entire data warehouse, including 50 – 100 million events coming through a Kafka queue each day, a 15 TB relational data warehouse and an integration with Google BigQuery.
- Work in a cross-functional team and be the team’s point person for any data related tasks (ETLing new data, analysis, visualizations, etc.)
- Monitor and analyze the team’s A/B tests and proactively communicate key insights within your team and to external stakeholders.
- Be the voice of data by supporting the team’s product owner in finding business opportunities, defining KPIs, and setting team goals.
- Actively establish processes and build tools to make data more accessible to everyone.
- Use your knowledge of statistics to support the Business Intelligence team in building and maintaining machine learning models (logistic regressions, neural networks, k-means clustering, etc.) that drive a significant portion of our revenue.
- Help and teach others throughout the company to better use and understand our data.
- Present findings and insights to teammates, stakeholders, and leadership.
- A passion for learning and a willingness to pick up whatever you need to get the job done
- Solid SQL knowledge (we use MySQL and BigQuery)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects
- Solid experience in Excel for data analysis and visualization
- BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or similar fields
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and passionate
- Some programming experience. We primarily use Java/Groovy and Python, with some legacy code written in R.
- Hands-on experience with advanced statistical concepts, such as cluster analysis, singular value decomposition, stochastic gradient descent, and Bayesian methods
- Knowledge of web analytics software and best practices
- Masters Degree or PhD
Please Note: Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees, as well as candidates. Given ongoing COVID concerns, new employees are being onboarded and working remotely. Once we return to the office, this position will be located in our office in Mountain View, CA. Study.com will be implementing a hybrid model that will include both in-office and remote work.
In addition, Study.com will be requiring all employees be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. If an accommodation is required, please speak with a member of the People Team.
Life at Study.com
At Study.com, you’ll join an Agile team, making a big impact in a cross-functional, collaborative environment where team members wear different hats and regularly interact with senior leadership. We get things done and move quickly.
Study.com’s team members, together with our Study Studio network of instructors, tutors, subject matter experts, video animators, and editors, have developed 1.5 million learning resources on our platform. This includes micro-lessons, videos, flashcards, lesson plans, worksheets and more, fueling 16 million hours of learning engagement a year.
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. And regardless if we are in the office or sheltered at home, we have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com. You can also expect:
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20 – 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays
- Work at home setup stipend
- Company-sponsored gym memberships
- Free Caltrain Pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.