In construction, time is of the essence. Planning the work and incorporating it into a well-coordinated schedule builds the roadmap for successful project execution. Because we know not all projects go as planned, our team paves the way to recovering from these issues.
The Scheduling and Claims Management team is charged with making sure that we support our divisions in delivering on time schedules for projects while driving strategic and tactical decisions at every level of the business. We do this through a wide variety of different supports and structures: working with leaders across the business to define and evolve our companies learning agenda; leading internal and external research efforts; providing consultative support to problems of strategy and practice; ensuring that data, analytics, and reporting are driving impact and results at every level of the business; and providing central expertise and consultative supports on how to mitigate problems and delays.
We seek a Scheduling/Cost Analyst, who will partner with others to shape and enhance the data, reports, analyses and problem-solving skills across the Scheduling and Claims Team.
The Scheduling/Cost Analyst will play a vital role in the creation of preconstruction and baseline schedules. Evaluate the progress of current construction job schedules to ensure the team has the data, systems, tools, and information to efficiently and effectively manage daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines, tasks, and activities that become the backbone for delivering an on-time schedule and experience for our business and the clients we serve. The Scheduling/Cost Analyst, will play a critical role in ensuring strong data collection and organization and interpret multiple data points to communicate clear actions, points of strategic inquiry or further analysis.
The ideal candidate enjoys digging into data and formulating a story from it. The candidate has strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a strong ability to build relationships and view challenges & opportunities through multiple lenses, communicate effectively with others, thrive in a fast-paced collaborative office environment, and has a high degree of proficiency in Excel and Pivot Tables. The right candidate understands the criticality of behind-the-scenes infrastructure, and desires to spend time developing schedules, digging into data, creating solutions to problems and has a keen attention to detail.
- Assist in developing pre-construction proposal and bid schedules
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent in development of master project schedules
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent in updating schedules
- Perform schedule analysis for change orders and claims
- Assist in claims preparation and analysis
- Train field personnel in scheduling procedures
- Prepare “as built” impacted schedules
- Assist with maintenance and updating of CPM schedules
- Assist with determining weekly labor production quantities
- Assist in project filing system maintenance
- Input data for labor cost reports and field quantity surveys
- Assist with Affirmative Action program documentation
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
Preferred Experiences, but not required
· Experience using Power BI and advanced Excel skills
· Strong experience in Conflict Management & Resolution
· Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Accounting, or Political Science background
· Completed Bachelor’s degree, and or equivalent experience (required)