At TBC, our core values are Passion, Partnership and Innovation. Every day our team of highly qualified engineers and administrators work hard to empower our clients to transform and grow their companies.
The role of the Security Analyst is to support customers by investigating security events and working with customers to increase their preparedness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
• Perform vulnerability and networking scanning assessments
• Monitor network traffic for unusual activity
• Investigate security events
• Work closely with SIEM, NIDS, and SOAR technologies
• Provide technical security advice
• Assist customers in understanding threats
• Provide regular reporting to customers
May perform other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of common L4-L7 protocols such as SSL, HTTP, DNS, SMTP and IPSec
• Basic knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in a technology field
• 1-2 years of experience working in a Security Operations Center
• TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching
• Network protocols and packet analysis tools
• Firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols
• Security +, Network +, or CySA +
How you know if this job might be for you:
You enjoy solving complex problems and extracting meaningful insights out of large sets of data. You have a passion for cybersecurity, and you wish to provide the best protection available to TBC and its customers. You are comfortable interfacing with customers and explaining (in simple terms) what actions they need to take in response to security incidents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A typical day in the life of a SOC “Security” Analyst might include:
• Security Investigations
• Threat Hunting
• Report Writing
• Working with other security analysts and engineers to improve existing processes and policies
Limited travel may be required.