Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
TI’s FAST (Field Applications & Sales Training) Rotation Program is designed to prepare Sales & Applications team members for customer-oriented careers that pair technical skills with business perspectives. The program provides experiences that help rising TIers understand how to successfully grow TI’s business and to thrive throughout their entire TI career. There are two available FAST program tracks: (1) Field Applications and (2) Technical Sales.
Field Applications Engineer track
This 12-month experience aims to establish rising Field Applications Engineers (FAEs) as technical TI experts with customer engineers and internal teams. The track includes two 6-month rotations:
Rotation 1, Field Sales Office (FSO): The FSO rotation is centered on learning how to work directly with customers to solve technical challenges, and to ultimately maximize TI’s revenue by providing customers with the systems-level solutions that best address their design needs. Among other aspects, the FSO rotation focuses on analyzing technical trade-offs, understanding component selection, and solving design and cost challenges.
Rotation 2, Systems Engineering & Marketing (SEM): The SEM rotation provides hands-on experiences that help future FAEs understand how various TI components fit together to provide systems-level solutions for customer designs. This rotation focuses on technical product selection, schematic/layout capture, PCB layouts, fabrication processes, board bring up and validation.
Upon successful completion of the Field Applications Engineer track, rotators are welcomed as FAEs on TI’s Worldwide Sales & Applications team, which interface between customer engineering teams and TI. FAE responsibilities include:
- Using various sales tools and relationships with customer engineering teams to identify all potential projects
- Providing customers with proactive proposals for complete, system-level solutions that maximize TI content
- Using broad technical expertise to influence customers’ part selection process while favorably positioning TI versus competition
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or related field
- Minimum cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
- Basic understanding of schematics, layouts and digital components
- Knowledge and understanding of analog circuitry (examples include: op-amps, DC/DC power, data converters, sensing, etc.)
- Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, along with soldering and debugging skills
- Programming skills in C/C++ (LabView recommended)
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Ability to build lasting, influential relationships, both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to take initiative and drive for results
- Ability to influence decisions through a sense of urgency and competitive drive
- Demonstrated interest and ability to work in a customer-oriented environment
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 29, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.