To provide technical and engineering coordination between the customer, Marketing and Engineering/Manufacturing. Prepares technical proposals and problem summaries for company-wide usage. Provides service facilities, field service personnel and aircraft operators with technical assistance.
I. Organizes, writes and prepares technical data and problem summaries from field reports and inspection summaries to brief marketing, engineering and manufacturing functions on field problems.
II. Organizes and sustains a technical file of existing and potential product improvements and serialized production changes.
III. Collects and analyzes discrepancy reports concerning Textron Aviation’s products. Coordinates corrective action with Manufacturing.
IV. Acts as liaison between Field Service and Manufacturing on customer problems and corrective measures.
V. When necessary, acts as technical advisor and be directly involved in on-site assistance at company owned service centers and independent service stations during investigation of unique aircraft problems or prototype installation.
VI. Participates in periodic audits of the curriculum being taught by Textron Aviation’s contracted training organizations to verify classes are being conducted using current technical data.
VII. Prepares and presents technical program for operators conferences and technical seminars.
VIII. Coordinates with representatives of equipment suppliers to achieve maximum reliability from installed equipment on the aircraft. Prepares reliability summary statement and recommendations for corrective action.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Preferred experience in aircraft structural repair, customer support, or relative aircraft maintenance experience
• Aircraft maintenance experience with extensive avionic technical knowledge, including background knowledge of mechanical, diagnostic, and electrical systems.
• Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good computer skills
• Self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work in a team environment to meet department level objectives
• Occasional travel, sometimes on short notice
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.