To approve and develop detailed schedule requirements from MRP II and program plans for avionics, subsystems, subcontract, special programs, general material or data items to administer these plans and inform Material Management of required action. Requires minimum lead instructions in formulating/achieving departmental policies.
1. Approves, prepares and issues detailed MRP II requirements, schedules, manufacturing release orders, and P.O.R.’s based on departmental MDI guidelines and personal evaluation of lead time, capacity lot sizes, safety stock, safety time, etc.
2. Reviews exception reports from the MRP II System and makes corrections to the system as warranted or as directed by departmental supervision or MDI’s.
3. Approves and maintains current status information regarding assigned programs, components, or systems. Recognizes incipient MRP II problems and contact appropriate personnel of material and other organizational units, recommending solutions and the means by which recurrence may be prevented.
4. Performs liason activities with assigned Engineering Design Group by analyzing engineering drawings for material availability.
5. Secures action from affected groups to permit completion of material obligations in accordance with established program plans and MRP II schedules.
6. Reviews and prepares capacity plans based upon the master schedule and related capacity considerations.
7. Reviews optional requirements monthly, adjusts records and initiates P.O.R.’s/orders as required.
8. Maintains E.O.Q., lot size, safety stock, and other part master data in MRP II System to ensure schedule compliance and maximum inventory investment.
9. Requires contact with Buyers, Production Department and Engineering to obtain and provide information.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.