At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Procurement Agent to join our Apache Dynamic Component team in Mesa, AZ.
- Integrates program, customer, product and in-service strategies into source selection, negotiation and contracting strategies.
- Negotiates pricing and contract terms and conditions.
- Prepares and executes negotiated contractual documents and binding agreements.
- Conducts risk, issues and opportunities management.
- Manages supply and demand, schedules, supplier quality, delivery and financial performance.
- Initiates and executes supplier improvement activities and integrates results into contracting strategies.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position is for 1st shift.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- More than 3 years of experience working with Supplier Management, Supply Chain, and/or Procurement practices and processes.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field.
- More than 1 year of experience with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project.
- More than 1 year of experience interacting with customers or suppliers regarding contract requirements and/or proposals.
- More than 1 year of experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- More than 1 year of experience implementing process and/or strategy improvements and an applied understanding of Lean practices.
- More than 1 year of experience in a self-directed role.
- Communication skills and customer focus are critical to be successful in the role.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years’ related work experience, 10 years’ related work experience, etc.)