For more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker’s®, Folgers®, Jif®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Crisco®, Pillsbury®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Hungry Jack®, Café Bustelo®, Martha White®, truRoots®, Sahale Snacks®, Robin Hood®, and Bick’s®. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix®, Milk- Bone®, Kibbles ‘n Bits®, Natural Balance®, and 9Lives®. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Intern, Human Resources
Manager, Human Resources
• Records employee information such as personnel data, promotions/demotions, leaves of absence, performance reviews or evaluations, new hire and termination date in HRIS Systems and Excel spreadsheets.
• Assists new hires with the completion of all required New Hire Paperwork.
• Coordinates and conducts New Hire Orientation with HR Manager and QA.
• Works with payroll to ensure enrollment of new hires and temporary employees in Kronos system.
• Runs insurance eligibility report and processes insurance enrollment in HRIS.
• Assists Scheduler, Production and Quality Control with staffing for the shift
• Assists the HR Manager and Safety Intern with the coordination of monthly employee safety meetings.
• Responsible for collecting data related to employees wishing to participate in employee relations activities, and helps present information during employee meetings, i.e., presenting Birthdays of the Month
• Runs insurance eligibility report and processes insurance enrollments.
• Enters personal leave of absence requests, and maintains employee absence information.
• Assists in the coordination of annual Health Fair and end-of-the-year party.
• Updates training matrix and annual seniority list.
• Assists the HR team in promotion of safe work practices and safety events.
• Assists employees with the interpretation of the union contract
• Assist HSE leader by conducting monthly plant inspections.
• Active member of OC Pillar group and assists with People Development Training
• Assists with set up and on-boarding of temporary employees.
• Assists HR Manager with the preparation for audits.
• May assist the safety intern with the issuance of PPE.
• Participates in weekly HR team meetings, one-on-one’s, and intern touch base meetings.
• Responsible for the creation of the monthly Berry Healthy Newsletter, and assists in leading events for the Berry Healthy Club.
• Provides good customer service to our employees, temporaries, and others needing assistance from the HR team.
• Assists the HR Manager with administrative functions such as running required reports, updating the employee communications board, filing, answering phones, etc…
• May be assigned other clerical, administrative, or Covid related duties.
• Majoring in human behavior organization, human resources or business.
• Available at the end of March through the end of August.
• Able to work long hours – six days per week, all shifts. After initial training, this position will work primarily nightshift/graveyard.
• Proven supervisory and leadership skills.
• Possess communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Must be bilingual (Spanish) to communicate with department employees.
• Organized with good analytical skills.
• Must be professional when interacting with outside agencies and employees.