For more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker’s®, Folgers®, Jif®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Crisco®, Pillsbury®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Hungry Jack®, Café Bustelo®, Martha White®, truRoots®, Sahale Snacks®, Robin Hood®, and Bick’s®. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix®, Milk- Bone®, Kibbles ‘n Bits®, Natural Balance®, and 9Lives®. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Include the following although other duties may be assigned
• Assures high quality production and shipping of strawberries packed in drums and other containers.
• Make sure drums and other containers are clean and properly labeled before shipping.
• Conducts vehicle inspections to insure the cleanliness and safety of the trucks and railcars before loading and unloading.
• Ensures that all shipments have the documented security seals before accepting an incoming load and sending off a loaded shipment.
• Conducts pallet inspections; must reject load if does not meet specifications.
• Ensures that all shipping paperwork is accurate and corresponds with handheld scanner results before shipping product.
• Ensures that all instructions on the Bill of Ladings are carried out in each shipment.
• Accurately checks all incoming raw materials and supplies before signing receiving slip.
• Must ensure that all incoming ingredients are on the Approved Ingredient List and are appropriately labeled with Kosher emblems.
• Cooperates with management and office personnel in accounting for production and shipments and helps take inventory as needed.
• Ensures a safe working environment.
• Investigates and documents accidents thoroughly and timely (as soon as possible on the same day it occurs.)
• Prevents accidents by recognizing physical and behavioral hazards and taking corrective action.
• Work closely with the Human Resources department in promoting safety and helps during safety meetings.
• Assists the logistics team with shipping and receiving in an effective manner, in order to obtain or exceed cost expectations, without sacrificing quality or safety.
• Coordinates shipping and receiving activities with floor personnel, quality control personnel and forklift drivers.
• Makes sure shipments are accurate before loading onto trucks.
• Makes suggestions to processing supervisors to improve efficiency.
• Works closely with management, office, quality control, maintenance and hourly personnel to achieve goals.
• Must follow OSHA required regulations when driving a forklift.
• May have to load/unload trucks to keep the shipping schedules on time.
• Work closely with truck drivers.
• Must have constant communication with the carrier offices and the outside cold storage locations to ensure proper product rotation.
• Currently have a 4-year degree or are enrolled in a 4-year degree program
• Available for paid training in late March. Internship begins in April and will go through mid-August.
• Able to work weekends, overtime, and night shifts.
• Excellent communication skills and leadership skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak Spanish highly desired.
No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of his or her employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.