For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker’s®, Folgers®, Jif®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Crisco®, Café Bustelo®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Sahale Snacks®, Smucker’s® Uncrustables®, Robin Hood®, and Bick’s®. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael Ray® Nutrish®, Meow Mix®, Milk-Bone®, Kibbles ‘n Bits®, Natural Balance®, and Nature’s Recipe®. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Waste Water Intern
Perform process control tests:
- Foam Control
- F/M Ratios
- Dissolved Oxygen
- Phosphorus concentration
- Nitrogen concentration
- Ammonia concentration
- Settled Volume
- Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) tests
Maintain records of:
- Test results and keep an operation log
Perform action steps called for, depending on test results:
- Adjust chemical feed rate
- Adjust pH
- Foam control
- Adjust aeration per chamber, per blower
- Adjust phosphoric acid feed ratio.
- Adjust ammonium hydroxide feed ratio.
- Manage waste biomass build up
- Adjust flow rates to compartments
Operate plant electrical and mechanical controls for the proper operation of the wastewater treatment plant:
- Open/close throttle valves
- Activate/deactivate pumps
- Operate sampler compositor.
- Operate blowers, control aeration rate.
- Operate and maintain equipment
- Coordinate outside lab sampling schedule to insure regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate maintenance, repair, and cleaning activities with mechanics and sanitation crew.
- Maintain facility according to safety and cleanliness standards.
- Compile and file monthly reports and required letters to the City of Oxnard Wastewater Division.
- Act as liaison with City of Oxnard Wastewater Division Supervisor when visiting facility.
- Will start up system and break down system.
- Coordinate chemical and waste disposal deliveries.
- Participate in weekly status meeting with manager and supervisory staff.
- Currently have a 4-year degree or are enrolled in a 4-year degree program
- Available in early April through the end of July.
- Flexible to work overtime.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Possess communication and organization skills.
- Possess mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- Understanding of wastewater treatment basics.
- Requires extensive walking and standing.
- Wastewater Treatment Operator may sit to do some paperwork in the WWTP office, but most of the time will be overseeing the WW system to make sure production runs without interruption.
- Required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.