The Accounting Assistant will keep financial records, prepare reports, and update financial information. The accountant assistant must be familiar with accounting procedures and should have experience with accounting software programs. The ideal candidate will be able to process business transactions, handle accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, receipts and other financial matters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeping financial records up-to-date
- Processing business transactions
- Handling bookkeeping and following accounting best practices
- Fact checking invoices for payment and processing
- Monitoring vendor statements, wire transfers request, and other transactions.
- Assisting the Controller with audits, forecasts, and other financial planning
- Correcting and modifying inaccurate files and records
- Assisting the financial department, other assistants, and Controller as needed.
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates.
- Responsible for the maintenance, creation and control of all personally identifiable information or any other information protected by any Confidentiality or Privacy Standards or Company Policies that you have access or knowledge of, including but not limited to any state or federal regulations including HIPPA.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Able to analyze financial records and transfer information
- Data entry skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Excellent time management, able to prioritize
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Two to three years of proven accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Excellent computer skills, experience in accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards
- Pays strict attention to detail
- Ability to multi task
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for a prolonged period
- The job duties will require the employee to utilize repetitive fine manipulation with hands
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, distance vision and depth vision
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Able to work in hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment.
- Willingness and ability to wear safety glasses, earplugs, hard hat, steel toed boots and any other required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.