The University of Chicago
Booth School of Business
5807 South Woodlawn Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60637
Alex Imas and Avner Strulov-Shlain
Research Professional in Behavioral Economics
Professors Alex Imas and Avner Strulov-Shlain seek a Research Professional for a period of at least one year but ideally two years. Research Professionals work with faculty to collect data, conduct analysis, and provide other support associated with faculty research. Professors Imas and Strulov-Shlain study topics in behavioral economics and marketing problems. Their research has been published in the American Economic Review, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Journal of Finance, and Management Science. The position will give the research professional the chance to develop skills that will prepare them for a future career in research.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Collecting, cleaning, and analyzing complex data
2. Designing and launching experiments
3. Writing up results for inclusion in presentations and publications
4. Performing literature reviews and compiling citations
5. Assist faculty to identity, assess and organize information addressing research goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required on start date.
- Interest in research of data-driven behavioral economics.
- Experience designing and launching experiments; knowledge of Qualtrics encouraged but not required.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems required.
- Long-term interest in pursuing research in marketing, economics, or behavioral science required.
- Background in economics, business or marketing a plus but not required.
- A resume/CV that includes specific programming and data-analysis skills; a cover letter briefly describing career/study goals; a complete undergraduate transcript and graduate transcript (if applicable), unofficial transcripts are acceptable attached as document type “Other”; are required to be considered for this position.
The expected start date is July 1, 2022, though start dates earlier in 2020 are feasible. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, but all applications submitted by November 15, 2021 will be given full consideration.
We pay an annual salary of $50,000 and provide standard benefits such as health insurance.
If interested please fill out a brief survey at https://forms.gle/FEbvj7hRs8cDwWim8. You must also fill out a formal application at https://uchicago.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Hyde-Park-Campus/Research-Professional_JR13442. Please submit all ancillary materials (resume, cover letter, postsecondary transcripts (unofficial are fine)) in the Resume/CV field
Chicago Booth is dedicated to creating an environment where people of different backgrounds, broadly defined, feel valued and where their ideas and contributions can flourish. Chicago Booth welcomes applications from women, persons with disabilities, veterans, and under-represented groups. If you need an accommodation to apply to a Chicago Booth Research Staff Program, or if there are other factors impacting your ability to apply to an open position, please email ResearchProfessional@lists.chicagobooth.edu.
The University of Chicago provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, applicants, and job seekers. No person shall be discriminated against in employment or harassed because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, parental status, ancestry, source of income, or other classes protected by law. This policy includes the commitment to maintaining a work environment free from unlawful harassment.