The Site Buyer performs all functions needed to ensure the lowest total cost of purchased materials, drives continuous improvement with assigned suppliers and support the success of the factory to provide a dependable supply chain of material and services. The successful Site Buyer owns the responsibility and accountability of the Supplier’s performance in meeting the demands of the factory.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assurance of Supply – right products, right time, in the right place
- Maintain Procurement Master Data in respective ERP system
- Conduct collaborative meeting with key suppliers to discuss metrics and forecast
- Supplier Management (Scorecard Review)
- Raw Material Inventory Health shared responsibility with raw material planners (Turns, DOS, E&O, SS and Consignment)
- Contract compliance
- Resolve supply disruptions as escalated by Materials Planning
- Resolve AP issues
- PO execution and maintenance
- Supports the development and implementation of procurement processes, standard work and tools
- Maintain master data – lead-time, pricing, MOQ’s (lead), safety stock, min/max
- Lead all NPI activities in collaboration with R&D and Planning to ensure successful supplier launch (need to define NPD process)
- Point of escalation for supplier issues specific to commercial, quality
- Leverage and utilize the supplier issue app
- Leverage Procurement Excellence dashboard for input to QBRs and other report outs
- Work with Supplier Quality on supplier related quality issues
- Adopt and leverage the Procurement Toolbox
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years business experience in a Procurement / Sourcing position.
- Advanced skills in Excel.
- Experience in MRP / ERP systems.
- Possess a basic technical understanding of how to interpret drawings /specifications.
- Experienced in supplier consolidation and product transfer initiatives.
- C.P.M., APICS, CPIM certification preferred
- Project management experience
- Global procurement experience
- Experienced in managing contract manufacturers