Procurement Internship Program
The Thermo Fisher Scientific Procurement Internship Program is a 12-week summer internship program designed for high potential rising juniors and seniors majoring in procurement and/or supply chain as a feeder program to our full-time Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP). Interns will be matched to a 12-week project based on their skill set combined with the procurement business need.
Similar to the Procurement Leadership Development Program, our internship program projects are designed to give you real-world procurement and supply chain experiences and project responsibility in a large organization. In addition to being assigned to a manager and team, you will get additional opportunities to experience our corporate culture with exposure to procurement leaders and current PLDPs as well as others in the organization.
In order to ensure projects are challenging and also meet the needs of our dynamic business, final project assignments will not be determined until late spring. Interns will be asked to present an end of assignment presentation to their team of colleagues at the end of their internship.
Projects could focus on the following supply chain functions:
- Sourcing Category Role
- Sourcing Analyst
- Supplier Quality Engineer
- All candidates must be a rising collegiate junior or senior by summer 2019 and currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred Majors: Supply Chain Management/Operations/Procurement.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in the procurement function
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement
- Results oriented through initiative, ownership, and accountability
- Geographical flexibility