The Planning Scheduler/Coordinator is responsible for developing manufacturing schedule and coordinating materials required to meet customer delivery requirements to best utilize the company’s production capacity as well as managing inventory levels. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in scheduling and availability of selected items, either manufactured or purchased component, to meet production schedules.
- Request the transfer of raw materials from the warehouse and allocate to work orders
- Release Work Orders to manufacturing.
- Release and print required documents for manufacturing.
- Monitor work order flow through manufacturing.
- Manages floor stock with shelf life requirements for production.
- Reviews work in process material inventory from production floor.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, purchasing department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
- Provides input and recommendations in improving supply chain strategies, policies and practices to achieve Best-in-Class Supply Chain Management.
- Participates in problem resolution activities to insure timely deliveries to / from global locations to customers. Support back-order reduction efforts.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Pursuing a degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or other business management discipline
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix and cross-functional team environment.