The position provides leadership, guidance and supervision of respective unit. This position works closely with management to ensure quality products are safely and efficiently produced within scheduled time line.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for frequent checks of product quality and resolves production and the resulting quality issues that may arise.
- Develops and maintains methods and procedures to optimize manufacturing efficiencies and quality maximize labor utilization, and reduce operating costs.
- Ensures production goals are met.
- Strives to improve quality standards for the production team. Helps to implement and following quality guidelines.
- Assists in performing physical inventories in accordance with company procedures.
- Demonstrated success in developing others, building a successful team, facilitating change, aligning performance to company values.
- Fosters continuous improvement and continuous improvement culture.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Create updates and presentations as needed for Sr. Management.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Ensure safety guidelines are followed.
- Participate in interviews.
- Monitor attendance, performance, training; complete performance assessments; make termination recommendations as necessary.
- Manage department priorities.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a similar and progressive position with supervisory experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong sense of ownership and work ethic, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards.
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.