I am seeking an Executive Assistant to help me with a specific, long term venture related to the sport of pickleball. Familiarity with pickleball is not necessary, but an athletic or fitness background is required. The venture will include pickleball apparel, gear, equipment, and playing facilities. It will also require considerable travel, sometimes on the weekends as well as short notice.
There are various administrative, business development, and business social activities necessary as part of this job as well. There is little to no experience required in these areas as you will be trained by the company to perform these functions.
This position has the potential of significant upward mobility and ownership in the new venture. If you work hard and are committed, you will do very well financially.
The hours are flexible, but evening and travel activities will be a requirement. Average weekly hours rarely exceed 40.
There will be the ability to work from home and desired or needed. We are moving into an office near Wrightsville Beach, so there will be some need to be in the office.
This is a salaried position with benefits, potential for bonus compensation and ownership in the new business.
Please include a photo and access to your social media when submitting an application.
- Serve as chief assistant to business owner to help launch pickleball venture.
- Travel with business owner to play at pickleball facilities and in pickleball events.
- Assist business owner with various clerical and administrative duties
- Plan and schedule appointments and events
- Interact with current and potential investors, partners, vendors, etc.
- Travel with business owner for business development and business social activities
- Engage with business owner in playing pickleball matches, events and tournaments
- Engage in other sporting and physical activities with business owner and associates as necessary,
- Engage in team building activities with the business owner and other team members, including beach and water-related activities
- Prior experience as personal or administrative assistant is NOT a requirement
- Athletic background or experience with pickleball is strongly preferred
- Must be able to interact with people in a business and social environment
- Must be willing to travel as warranted
- Must enjoy the beach, playing sports, attending happy hours, dinners and similar functions
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must have Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Must have Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have Good attention to detail
- Experience with active and fitness apparel is preferred, but not necessary.